Pagine

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cutout Cookies Tips


I made cutout cookies for the first time.  Thanks to tips from the internet they didn't turn out half bad.
Tip One - chill the dough - I chilled mine overnight.
Tip Two - divide dough into smaller sections - this allowed me to keep dough chilling.
Tip Three - parchment paper is the best thing ever!  I rolled the dough between two sheets - no sticking!  It was also great for baking and decorating - easy transfer and clean up.
Tip Four - use an easy cookie cutter.  I remember my mom making reindeer and there were always limbs lost.
Tip Five - use a ziplock bag for decorating.  Put icing into ziplock, twist bag, and cut a small bit off of corner.


Cutout Cookies
1 1/3 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tbl milk
2 tsp vanilla
4 c all-purpose flour

1.  In a large mixing bowl beat butter.  Add sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Beat until combined.  Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined.  Beat, or stir in flour.  Divide dough into four sections and chill overnight.  I wrapped mine in plastic wrap.

2.  Roll a section of dough at a time.  I rolled mine between two sheets of parchment paper.  Roll to about 1/4 inch thick.  Cut with cookie cutters.  Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

3.  Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

4.  For icing I just mixed powdered sugar with milk until I got the desired consistancy.






1 comment:

  1. They look beautiful! And thank you for sharing the tips, I'm going to pass them on to my daughter. She's far better at baking than I'll ever be :)

    ReplyDelete