Pagine

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Restorative Yoga - Child's Pose with Pillows



Sometimes we just don't have time for all the things we need to do, especially when it comes to health and wellness.  It could be a full time job just to keep up with the recommendations - weight training, cardio, yoga, meditation, etc. I do not do a full yoga class every day, but I do try to get ten minutes of "something" in everyday. I think we can all find ten minutes in our day for some yoga, stress relief, or meditation.  Many times I will add something to the end of a more traditional workout.  Today's suggestion is child's pose with a bolster or pillows.

I purposely chose a link that shows the pose with pillows as I realize most people don't own a bolster.  There are some other great postures with pillows here as well.  You can also use blankets.  Use as many pillows and/or blankets as needed to feel comfortable.

No fancy meditation technique is needed.  Just put on some soothing music.  I recommend spending 5-10 minutes in this poses, switching the position of your head half way through.   I highly recommend resting for the full ten minutes.  At a restorative yoga retreat I attended, they stated that it didn't matter which restorative pose you did, the key was the ten minutes.  It takes our bodies that long to really relax.

Take ten minutes this week to try it.  Let me know how you feel after trying this!






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I agree, 10 minutes can make all the difference. Our bodies are smarter than me think. :)

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love child's pose. Good reminder to go into it to unwind daily, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. Take some time to relax this week!



    ReplyDelete